Subject: Lprint Chr$(0)
From: Marcel Toele <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 19:33:07 +0100

Hello AMOS-users of the world !

I have this very complicated problem:

THE INTRODUCTION:

I have an external device connected to my Parallel port. It has some relais
(electronic switches) mounted on it and it's purpose is to make me able to
control virtually anything that is attached to the switches: e.g. Motors and
lights and stuff (like controlling Robots from your computer)...

Well so far for the introduction...

I want to code an AMOS program so that I can control the device, It has 8 of
those switches, and I can turn them on and off bye printing ordinay characters
to the device, like printing "d" or "e" or "4" for instance...

I use the Chr$ command to convert my 1 (turn on first relais (=switch) , and
2, 4, 8, etc... to turn on the others...
I just have to add them all to turn on more then one switch... for instance:
if I wanted to turn on the first and last switch...: the first has number 1
and the last has number 128, to turn them both on it would make 1+128=129 and
if I the do an AMOS command like:

Lprint Chr$(129)

The first and last switch would turn on...

THE PROBLEM:

But!!!
When I want them all to be turned off, I am supposed to send a Chr$(0) to the
Printerport:

LPrint Chr$(0)

And THAT my dear friends is what AMOS(Pro) is lacking... AMOSPro does not send
the NULL string to the printer port and thus making it impossible for me the
shut off all the switches...

THE QUESTION

For all of you who are still reading :)

I was now thinking of poking the adress of the Parallel port itself, by
sending an 8 bit integer to the aprpriate address (integer should be something
like '0' (gna, gna :) )

Well here's my question:

Does anybode know what poke address I should use, and how to poke it...?

Or, Does anybody know how two solve this problem in a different way ???

I would be very grateful to the one I helps me ou on this one !!!

GrTz 2 dA AMOS Community !!!